Saturday, September 1, 2012

Thrift Finds




Settling into a new apartment is always hectic, but the hardest part is making this new place feel like "home". My sister and I set off to goodwill to find some little knick knacks for the apartment, and while I didn't find much for the apartment itself- I ended up getting things to fill my bookshelf. Surprisingly, our local Goodwill  had plenty of good books for about 25 cents each. 


Here are just a few of the favorite things I found: Tinkers, The Help, Just Muffins, and Speak. I'm excited to dive into these books and begin reading during my free time. 


Just muffins is such a cute cookbook, and I'm so excited to go out and buy baking supplies soon to try out all these new recipes. The simplicity and cute handwriting in the book really appealed to me. 


I found these envelopes near the stationary section as well. They're cute for writing notes to my friends back in Arizona whenever I miss home. Overall, while we didn't exactly get apartment decorations- I had a fun time looking through old books and picking up some of my favorites. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment