Thursday, August 30, 2012

August Favorites



August is coming to an end real soon, and fall is just right around the corner! I am just ready for pumpkin spice lattes and getting cozy by the fireplace. As I say goodbye to August, I looked through some of the new products that I tried out this month, and I couldn't be happier. This month was filled with good choices. Let's start with my new foundation: Revlon Colorstay.

This foundation is absolutely amazing. The first time I applied it, it went on so smoothly and evenly against my skin. I have fairly dry skin, but sometimes it tends to get a bit oily in the summer. Even a bit of oil on my face annoys the heck out of me. Thankfully, this foundation saved me from the Arizona heat. Now that I live in Bellevue, it works better than ever. With the dry Arizona heat no longer attacking my face, this foundation stays on even longer. I am still amazed by the coverage and matte finish it provides.

This month, my friend also treated me with a Sephora giftcard. Being the impatient person that I am, I went straight to Sephora to splurge on something new. I've been hearing about the Clarisonic Mia for months now, and I couldn't help but try it. Thank goodness I did. This device is truly fascinating. My skin feels so soft after I use it, and I could feel that it truly does it's job of removing all my makeup.

I've been looking for a setting spray for awhile now. I wanted to try Urban Decay's De Slick Spray, but it's about $34.00, and I just didn't want to spend so much on a setting spray. I went to my local Target and purchased E.L.F.'s Makeup Mist and Set Spray. Now, I wasn't expecting too much out of a $3.00 product, but I'm impressed. This keeps my makeup on flawlessly for about eight hours. I truly recommend it! The  only downside was the strange smell it gave off when I first sprayed it. Thankfully the smell quickly goes away, but it's quite strong at first if you're not used to it.


 

Another product that I purchased while trying to save some money was Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle deep conditioner. Oh my goodness. This was by far my favorite product this month. The deep conditioner truly makes a difference. I recently had my hair dyed ombre, and since I got bored of it quickly; I dyed it over again with my natural color. Unfortunately, this process really damaged my hair. I quickly went and looked for solutions to add moisture and life back to my poor, dead hair. This really did the trick. This stuff works like a dream, and leaves my hair feeling beautiful and soft! Overall, this was my favorite product this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment